Note

This blog has moved to http://street-level.mcvmcv.net!

Estadio Jalisco, Guadalajara

An evening at a Chivas game.

I don't really like using flash in very public places, as it draws attention, but I think being so easily spotted as a foreigner actually made it easier for me to be somewhat brazen with my camera this night. (Of course he would take pictures!) For purposes of discreteness, it helped that I was using the Golden Half, which is small enough to be slipped into a pocket, and also that my companions for the night had given me a Chivas jersey to throw on.

Estadio Jalisco is fairly old, but as Miguel, one of my hosts, told me, "es un templo de futbol" - it's a temple of football. Pele and Maradona both played there in their prime. I like the old-fashioned feel of these luxury boxes. This guy craning his neck to watch a replay on a TV above was the rowdiest fan in our area, at one point he was banging on the ledge with a metallic object of some sort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!