Note

This blog has moved to http://street-level.mcvmcv.net!

Reader mail

First (maybe last) installment, somewhat inspired by Keith Gessen's tumblr:

do you always have a camera with you

I recently bought a book by Nobuyoshi Araki, Subway Love. At the store, I flipped through another one of his books, in which he made the remark that he would feel more naked if he were in the street without a camera, than without pants. I'm not at that point yet, but I do try to bring a camera with me as frequently as possible. I end up taking almost all of my pictures while I'm out and about.

I'm not always up for the task of bringing out my SLR, so toy cameras can come in handy since they're small and don't require as much mental effort. I've thought about getting a phone with a nice camera (the Nokia N82 in particular) but it's too expensive to justify. On the whole, though, I think the idea of always carrying a camera is a productive one, to keep your eye in practice.

NB: here's the origin of this question.

No comments: