Note

This blog has moved to http://street-level.mcvmcv.net!

In response to text message "Ken griffy jr of old made baseball beautiful."

I agree. I was at the very last game of baseball played in 1994 before the strike, and he hit a grand slam in a game the A's lost very badly. It's easier to deal with this kind of trauma when it comes at the hands of a special player. Before all of his injuries Griffey was the best player in the game, and had one of the nicest swings around. Even if you hadn't watched him play, you could tell this from his baseball cards. It didn't matter at what point in his swing the photo was taken, he was always perfectly balanced. He might still have a nice swing, but I don't follow him as carefully as I did back then.

Thanks for the text, Sri. Keep them coming. I like hearing about the MLS too, you're a true believer.

No comments: